Reports to: Cheryl Dornberg
The Culinary Class Assistant will be responsible for assisting the instructor deliver an exceptional cooking experience using recipes and game plans provided. Classes and events include, but are not limited to, hands-on classes, demonstration classes, private events, lunch and learns, seminars and open houses.
Specific Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the class preparation and execution as needed or directed by instructor
- Plate and serve prepared items during demonstration classes
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the kitchen area following proper sanitation guidelines
- Wash dishes, clean kitchen and prep kitchen for next class or event
- Assist students in the preparation, plating and serving of recipes in hands-on classes
- Provide room set-up for each class including front of house and kitchen area
- Check in students and provide them with necessary class materials
- Check out and record any merchandise sales
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or instructor
- Reliable, hardworking, high energy and enthusiastic
- Able to work flexible schedule including days, nights and weekends
- Basic knowledge of cooking skills and techniques with a willingness to learn and improve
- Eye to detail
- Passion for cooking and food
- Able to follow instructions, learn quickly and work independently and as part of a team
- Physical ability to work in commercial kitchen setting for several hours
- Good communication skills with emphasis on teaching others
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to bend and lift 25 pounds
- Adaptable to variation in kitchen temperature
- Attire: closed toed, rubber soled shoes, comfortable tidy clothing, and hair tied back if long
- 8-16 hours per week (2-3 shifts) depending on applicants skill set and schedule availability
(mostly Monday-Friday evenings as well as Saturdays (am, afternoon, and/or evening) with possibility of some weekday hours.
This job description represents a summary of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job.
Interested applicants should fill out contact form below and we will be in touch! Resume and/or past work experience information welcomed and appreciated.